Not sure if this will go through. My blog screen is all in Chinese. At least I can get on. Someone told me of another way to get to the blog to post. In HK, I could see the blog but not post and I've not been able to even get to the blog since being in Nanchang. I'll just summarize the last days as we're getting ready to go on a tour of the city.
Got the babies on 6/24 at 6pm. It was boiling hot with no air conditioning. There seemed to be a million babies. We're one of 17 families, all with 'Ling' babies from Shangrao. Kate was NOT happy to see us but she wasn't hysterical. She was very smelly and sweaty and crabby but she came around! After a bath and some love she warmed up to us and slept the night through. She's huge and adorable. She is VERY happy. Only fusses when she's sleepy, hungry or on her back. She does not like getting her diaper changed due to the back thing but loves raspberries on her tummy, so she's warming up to the diaper changes! She loves the bath and being bounced or swung around.
Grace is adjusting but it is not easy. I'm glad I brought her but it's a lot of work. She likes Kate but does not like the fact that I like Kate!
The people in Nanchang are very curious about us and the babies and very friendly. Yesterday we went to McDonalds for lunch with another family who is traveling with their 7 year old, Hannah. Grace is really enjoying her company.
The babies were examined by the Chinese Dr yesterday and our girl is perfect. Nothing wrong with her. She had a horrible heat rash on her face and upper body the first few days but is all clear now.
Last night we had a group dinner and it was great. The food was interesting and I ate broccoli and dumpings, everything else was scary. We sat by the window and we were entertainment for the locals. They came up to the windows and stared at us and gave us thumbs up and were very friendly.
I better sign off now. I hope this goes through. I have two choices at the bottom of this page, one is post and the other is not. I hope I pick the right Chinese labeled button.
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment