Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Finally Pictures





I got Evelyn, super CCAI guide to help me post pictures. Hopefully you can see how cute Kate is. I'll try to keep up better.

Today we went for a tour of Old Nanchang and New Nanchang. It was dreadfully hot, about 95 degrees with 90% humidity. After climbing about 50 steps at some sort of historical pagoda type building, we saw a show on the 5th floor of the building, another 50 steps or so. Then Grace said she had to go to the bathroom. I was not taking her down the 100 steps and coming back up. Thankfully, Susan, another CCAI super guide took her to her first squatty potty. She did great and went again, like an old pro, in the restaurant. We had an amazing lunch, but not dinner. We went to Walmart again and had KFC for dinner. It was horrible! I had half of my sandwich and poor Arlene had only soggy french fries. I think Kate had the best dinner of all, pumpkin paste and rice cereal, yummy!

The post turns from food to poop, beware...

A huge turning point in the adoption process is the first poop! Kate did great and went yesterday. Today she's gone three times, I personally think she took the cheering and poopy dance too seriously yesterday and was aiming to please. Thankfully one of the particularly gross poops happened while I was on the internet this AM. Unfortunately the second happened tonight and I got to do the dirty work.

Hate to leave on that note so I'll update on the next day's events. Tomorrow we are going to the countryside and then shopping at an outdoor market. Friday, we'll go porcelain shopping and we'll get a violin for Grace. Saturday is Kate's birthday so we'll have cake and a celebration at lunch before we head to GZ and the White Swan.

Hope all is well at home. We miss you all and I can't wait for you all to see Kate.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What wonderful pictures of your daughters! Good to hear things are going well.