Okay, to say I've been nesting is a bit of an understatement. Suffice it to say the garage is organized, every drawer in Grace and Kate's dressers are straightened within an inch of their lives, and my bedroom has been vacuumed everywhere including under the bed and all the furniture. I LOVE MY DYSON!
Then there's the baby proofing. Last weekend, I discovered the bulletin board in the hallway, at Grace's height, had to go. Thumbtacks and a 1 year-old don't mix. So down it came. Then the hall looked shabby and needed painting. There was the wallpaper mural (what was I thinking?) that needed to be taken down and I never did paint the new doorway trim from 2 years ago. So I spackled, sanded and then Grace and I painted (note to self, having a 5 year old help is not so helpful) and it looked great.
Then I thought to myself, this painting thing isn't as bad as I had remembered. Maybe painting the bathroom, the one we purchased paint for two years ago, would be a good project before we went to China. After all how would I ever have time to paint with two children? WHAT WAS I THINKING?
The result of all that thinking is, have a half finished bathroom and we're 5 days from leaving for China. So far I've replastered the corners (where the house settled). That was very HGTV for me and I've painted the ceiling.,While I waiting for the first coat of paint to dry on the ceiling, I thought to myself, (when am I going to learn that is never a good thing?), the caulk is looking a bit cracked and moldy. I should dig it all out and replace it. Well, that was the rest of the night project and then I realized I had no caulk. Never fear, there's a Home Depot near work. So the caulking is done and the first coat. The second coat will be finished tonight and I can start reassembling the bathroom. The vanity and door and trim will have to wait until I get home (which really means two years from now). I just don't have the time to sand all the glossy surfaces.
So for me nesting has been exhausting and I can't wait to get that baby home to our nest!
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment