Saturday, September 6, 2008

External Fixator

The lack of posting is due to two things, being busy with normal summer activites and on July 20th, in Ocean City, NJ, I took a tumble in the middle of the mall and shattered my wrist. I spent the first 5 days in horrible pain and when I got to the Dr in Virginia, I was told I needed surgery. The Dr couldn't believe I was released from the hospital without surgery. So now it's 7 weeks later and I got the fixator removed on Tuesday and now I'm doing physical therapy 3x a week through October! I still can't do much with my hand and almost nothing with my wrist, but I've seen an improvement since starting therapy. I think it's going to be a long road, but I have a goal of being able to fix my girl's hair. Never mind being able to hook my bra like a regular person!! Here are picures from the hospital in NJ and the fixator right before I got it removed. Had to have the pics for a scrapbook.


Dislocated and fractured!




This this is so creepy looking!

No comments: