Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Catching Up

Is it possible to catch up since February? Here's a recap. My mother had her hip replaced and spent 6 weeks in rehab. She's as good as new and although I've always really appreciated her, I now appreciate her even more! This past weekend we threw her a surprise 65th birthday party and she was really surprised.

Grace sailed through first grade. Her IQ test was in the top 98% and she was accepted at a very prestigious private school, as well as our public gifted elementary school. We had to turn down the Norfolk Academy acceptance due to financial contraints, but we're thrilled she's going to Old Donation Center next year.

Kate caught up and sailed by developmental milestones. At 22 months she tested at 30 months for gross and fine motor skills, 27 months verbal and 36 months emotional! WOW! She's currently 28lbs and 35 inches. That's 85% for height and 75% for weight, as of today's 2 year physical. The Dr asked me if both my girls were from 'tall' provinces. I told him they're eating me out of house and home and they are just giants!

Java the wonder dog was distraught with my mother's absence and literally ate us out of house and home. He's cost me a fortune in backpacks and lunch boxes! He's ammended is chewing ways and he's a love. He's also overcome some obstacles and now instead of being painfully thin, he's a bit on the chubby side. He has an affinity for cat food and could eat 10lbs at a time if allowed!

My job is the same, busy, busy, busy. My weekends consist of errands but in the summer we make time for the beach. At least one weekend day we go to the beach and hang out. Kate loves the ocean, sand and picnics. This year Grace is afraid of sharks, go figure.

I spend at least one Friday night a month scrapbooking and I've even read a book or two. I miss reading the most but I know once Kate gets a bit older I'll be able to get back into that. At least I'll have a large selection with all the stuff I've missed in the last year. I can't recommend my most current read, Water For Elephants, to enough people. One of the best books ever. As a lover of the English language (I can read and obsess over a sentence forever it seems) I was totally in love with every sentence, paragraph and chapter.

Posting picures next, which is all people want anyway!

Kristy

No comments: